Call to Action
Recently the American College of Healthcare Executives, American Hospital Association, Association of American Medical Colleges, Catholic Health Association of the United States, and National Association of Public Hospitals and Health Systems stood together in a call to action to eliminate health care disparities. Our goals are to increase the collection of race, ethnicity and language preference data; increase cultural competency training for clinicians and support staff; and increase diversity in governance and management.
Addressing disparities is no longer just about morality, ethics and social justice: It is essential for performance excellence and improved community health.
There is much to be done and addressing this issue is essential.
- Background on National Call to Action (video)
- What Others Are Saying About Equity of Care (video)
- Equity of Care Event at 2011 Health Forum Summit (video)
- Equity of Care Press Conference Launch (video)
- National Call to Action to Eliminate Health Care Disparities (PDF)
- National Call to Action – One year on (video)