Governance & Leadership
- Best Practices for Building Leadership Diversity Programs - Table that features best practices and case examples for building leadership diversity programs, including mentoring programs, partnerships with educational groups and internal diversity committees.
- Rainbow Healthcare Leaders Association - Enhancing the success of LGBT healthcare executives and promoting high-quality healthcare for LGBT individuals and their families.
- Diversity Engagement Survey - In collaboration with the University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS) and DataStar, the AAMC announces the release of the Diversity Engagement Survey. The DES is 22 items long and can be administered to students, faculty, and staff. There is a minimal response burden, and the rich analyses will allow institutions to develop a meaningful inclusion scorecard that characterizes their progress toward creating an inclusive work environment.
- Diversity 3.0: A Necessary Systems Upgrade - from the Academic Medicine Journal of the Association of American Medical Colleges.
Commentary from Marc A Nivet, Ed.D. who is chief diversity officer, Diversity Policy and Programs, Association of American Medical Colleges, Washington, D.C.
- Achieving Health Equity Through Inclusion and Innovation - presentation from Marc A Nivet, Ed.D. who is chief diversity officer, Diversity Policy and Programs, Association of American Medical Colleges, Washington, D.C. at the 2010 AAMC Annual Meeting. This link includes a PDF of his slides and video recording of his presentation.
- Facts and Figures Data Series - biannual reports on diversity in the physician workforce and in medical education from AAMC.
- Striving Toward Excellence: Faculty Diversity in Medical Education from AAMC— The report "presents an evolutionary paradigm to increase and support faculty diversity that calls on learning institutions "to develop programs not based solely on the current lack of diversity but rather to eradicate inhibitors of institutional excellence." Registration with AAMC required.
- Roadmap to Diversity: Integrating Holistic Review Practices into Medical School Admission Processes from AAMC —designed to help admission deans, staff, and committees at medical schools develop and integrate holistic review practices into their student selection processes. Registration with AAMC required.
- Institute for Diversity in Health Managment
- ACHE Diversity Resources