American Hospital Association
#123forEquity Campaign to Eliminate Health Care Disparities
About the Pledge
America’s hospitals and health systems are working hard to ensure that every person in every community receives high-quality, equitable and safe care. To do that, we must eliminate health and health care disparities that continue to exist for far too many racially, ethnically and culturally diverse individuals.
To accelerate progress on these efforts, the AHA in 2015 launched its #123forEquity pledge campaign. It builds on the efforts of the National Call to Action to Eliminate Health Care Disparities – a joint effort of the AHA, American College of Healthcare Executives, Association of American Medical Colleges, Catholic Health Association of the United States and America’s Essential Hospitals – and asks hospital and health system leaders to begin taking action to accelerate progress on the following areas:
- Increasing the collection and use of race, ethnicity, language preference and other socio-demographic data
- Increasing cultural competency training
- Increasing diversity in leadership and governance
Hospitals and health systems also can take the pledge and commit to working on efforts within their organization or in the community related to health equity and diversity and inclusion even if the efforts do not fit clearly under one of the pledge goals listed above.
For more information on the pledge, Click Here for the Pledge to Act Pledge Packet.
For personal assistance with the pledge, please contact Sharon Allen, senior executive director of the Institute for Diversity in Health Management, at email@example.com or by phone at (312) 422-3722. For general questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 422-2630.
Recent Blog Entry
Strengthening Our Commitment to Health Equity
October 20, 2016
Rick Pollack, President and CEO, AHARead More
- Congratulations to the 2016 Equity of Care Award Winners!
- Read Six New Case Studies on Diversity in Health Care: Examples from the Field
- Equity of Care is featured as a gatefold in Hospitals & Health Networks Magazine and an ad in Black Enterprise Magazine.
- Click here for our latest eNewsletter. To register to receive the newsletter by email, click here.